Though we are told there is no “i” in team – there should be “Ei”: Growing Emotional Intelligence in teams
Discover Emotionally Intelligent tools and the neuroscience skills that enable you to increase retention, customer scores and profitability. Understanding the Core components of EI help teams develop inter personal skills which aid in engagement. Discover how to grow Emotionally Intelligent Teams who have the tools to manage their own emotional state and are able to engage each a new client in a positive state.
Growing emotional intelligence in teams helps improve interpersonal communication and supports positive change.
The course is designed to meet the specific needs of your organisation – based on multiple Phd research studies
- Course outline:1 day workshop (Ask us about the 2 x 1/2 day option)
- Venue: Training can be conducted in-house, or at a venue of your choice.
- Sustainability add on:Peer mentor training (1/2 day)Build peer mentoring teams within your organisation that supports change and new behaviours.
An essential skill for leaders and team members who want to improve emotionally intelligent communication, effectively build a team and manage themselves more effectively through the development of the four core emotional competencies.
Module 1: The key components of emotional intelligence
- The business case for emotional intelligence
- The lion and the lion tamer
- The four elements
- Managing capacity
Module 2: Strategies to improve EI
Module 3: Managing conflict
- Conflict styles
- SCARF (the neuroscience of conflict)
- How to say “NO!”
Module 4: Design your EI strategy
- Four step plan
Learning outcomes – By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Develop a team “relationship map”
- Understand how praise impacts behaviour.
- Give and receive feedback in a clear and supportive manner.
- Deliver a clear message encouraging positive behaviour.
- Understand the neuroscience of interpersonal relationships
- Develop an understanding of the core components of Emotional intelligence (EI)
- Develop the skill of giving feedback and creating a supporting culture
- Learn to manage their emotions and reduce stress
(we can customise a programme to fit your time and training requirements):
- Peer mentor training (1/2 day)
- Emotionally Intelligent Conflict resolution
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Emotionally Intelligent conflict resolution
- Building Employee Engagement
- Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment (EISA) report for each team member with customised training for development areas
Method of Presentation:
- Teaching Aids:Infographic Manuals, Audio/ Visual presentations, PowerPoint presentation
- Measurement: Self-assessment, Facilitator & Peer feedback
- Interactive: Facilitation, Group Interaction, Practical learning Activities and Feedback.
Target Group: An essential skill for team members, leaders and others who want to effectively handle teams, feedback and difficult clients more effectively. Do you feel confident communicating and giving feedback within your team? Communication within teams improves when we get to know each other beyond our roles. Growing Emotional Intelligence in teams entails building a “relationship map” which increases the effectiveness and context of communication. Discover how developing emotional intelligence in teams using Emotionally Intelligent tools and the neuroscience that enables you to increase retention, customer scores and profitability. Discover how to disengage from a stressful encounter and engage with a new client in a positive state.
Facilitators: Richard Riche MBA, DTM, TLI & Lelaine Riche BA Psych (hons), Fulcrum Coaching, TLI
By growing Emotional Intelligence in teams we positively impact our triple bottom line. To grow your team contact us today.