Improved communication and Emotional Intelligence (EI) leads to engaged passionate staff, happier customers and improved profitability. (5 sessions over 5 weeks)
Change takes time. We learn habits over months and years – some work for us, some hinder our progress. To change these habits that don’t help us we need time and support. Read: Why EQ workshops don’t work (alone)This programme is designed to support real change over time. 1 or 2 dayEmotional Intelligence workshops often don’t create lasting change – particularly if there is a “data Dump” (too much information). Real change requires time, practice and reflection.
Difficult conversations and conflictare two of the toughest tests of a leader’s emotional intelligence. Difficult discussions and conflict can result in so much stress and lost productivity at work (when handled poorly or avoided) that they detract from performance and wreck relationships. These challenges can reduce trust, increase misunderstandings, erode respect, drop productivity and turn teams toxic. Difficult conversations and conflict are something every leader needs to learn how to deal with. Healthy cultures are judged by how well they deal with these issues.
Discover Emotionally Intelligent tools and neuroscience that enables you to handle difficult discussions and the science behind how to deal with conflict.
Course Overview: Deal with conflict and difficult conversations with Emotional Intelligence (EI)
You will learn the major causes of conflict and how to mitigate them. Learn how the brain responds to conflict and threat. Receive personal coaching to help you become aware of your conflict style and develop your personal conflict development plan. Role plays and exercises embed techniques.
Outline: 1 x 4 hour workshop, 2 individual coaching sessions for each delegate and 2 x 2hr facilitated sessions with exercises and role plays
An essential skill for leaders and team members who want to take their Emotional Intelligence skill to the next level. Practical exercises to embed knowledge and stimulate behaviour change.
Module 1: EI success case studies
- US airforce and other pertinent case studies
Module 2: In-depth EQ skills (Managing internal factors)
- It bubbles up (recognising change)
- Reconciliation (accepting self)
- Connecting feeling with meaning (building connection and reducing conflict)
Module 3: In-depth EQ skills (Managing external factors)
- Water off a duck’s back (stress reduction)
- No more shutdowns (flexible thinking and clarification)
- The optimism explanation (building a powerful explanatory style)
The course is designed to meet the specific needs of your organisation
Venue: Training can be conducted in-house, or at a venue of your choice.
- Understand the main causes of conflict
- Develop competency in difficult conversations and conflict skills using Emotional intelligence (EI)
- Recognise their conflict style
- Improve their non-verbal communication skills
- Learn to recognise and manage their emotions
- Discover skills to resolve conflicts positively and with confidence
Method of Presentation:
- Teaching Aids: Course Manuals, Audio/ Visual presentations, PowerPoint presentation
- Measurement: Self-assessment, Facilitator & Peer feedback
- Interactive: Facilitation, Group Interaction, Practical learning Activities and Feedback.
Target Group: An essential skill for executives, leaders, team leaders, directors and others who want to effectively handle their Emotional Intelligence, conflict and difficult conversations more diligently.